Today at about 3:45 I saw a small-medium sized white tern flying over
Perche Creek west of Columbia. I didn't get a good look at the bird (70 mph
reduces my ID skills... ). The only certainties are that the bird was
slightly built and angular in the wings. There was no suggestion of
bulkiness anywhere. Additionally, the flight was rather bouyant in the
wind. I didn't see anything else of use really. Any suggestions as to
potential species?

Shane Pruett
Columbia, MO