Frank and anyone else who may be interested in St. Louis area Birds---Here is information for a few of the highlights as of late,

If you go searching for the INCA DOVE (St. Charles County), there is a flock of about 30-40 EURASIAN TREE SPAROWS that are hanging around the same feeder.

Directions to Inca Dove:    From St. Charles go east on RT 94.  Turn left on Rt. B and follow it past the St. Charles City Airport.  Then turn right on Seeberger Rd.  From that turn left on to South Shores.  Follow this road until the first turn off (Harbor Grove(?)) that leads to the South Shores Marina.  The bird was seen near some feeds at the house at the intersection of South Shores and Harbor Grove.

The address for the RUFOUS HUMMINGBIRD Chip and Sue Tynan's home at 6532 Odell in St. Louis.

COMMON REDPOLLS across from REDA in Illinois:
Trish and Joe Friedel in East Alton, IL. 653 CHERRY STREET.
home 618-259-8748
Directions:
- Go over Clark Bridge on Hwy 67 toward Alton.
- Turn RIGHT onto Hwy 143, follow to NINTH STREET
- Turn LEFT onto NINTH STREET
- go down Ninth to AIRLINE
- Turn RIGHT onto AIRLINE
- go down this street to ROSEDALE, turn onto this street
- off of Rosedale, first RIGHT will be CHERRY
- go to 653 CHERRY STREET

Hope this helps,
Josh Uffman
St. Louis County

Frank Reiter <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I will be traveling to St. Louis area this coming weekend, and was wanting to know where I could find some "unusual" species. I am also curious where I could find any Eurasian Tree Sparrows. I've never seen any and would love to get a gander at one of these St. Louis natives.

Any information (sightings, directions, etc.) would be GREATLY appreciated. I am very anxious about what all I might find in my spare time up there.

Thanks in advance!!

Frank Reiter
Joplin MO

* *
* To access the Audubon Society of Missouri Web *
* Site: http://www.mobirds.org *
Jasper Co.

Joshua Uffman
St. Louis County, MO