The Halcyon was a type of Kingfisher, which could calm the waters so that it could nest on the sea. The Halcyon was an entirely mythical bird, but there is one living species of bird that spends its entire life cycle without ever touching land. It is the only one of the world's 9000+ species of birds to do it.

Can you name it? If so, keep it to yourself or send it to me privately. I'll post the answer in a day or two.

(Unhelpful hint: It is not found in Missouri. Too much land here).

Bob Fisher
Independence, Missouri