Ruth Simmons asked about more or less birds at feeders, and Linda Williams mentioned that she hadn't seen any tufted titmice.

Tufted titmice would be my main observation on change in numbers. Nothing around us has changed that much, we still have the wooded lot close by. But I haven't seen any titmice for months.  They visited the feeders this summer, but not in the numbers of previous years. We still have a small number of chickadees, and at least two white-breasted nuthatches that are here several times a day

We have about equal numbers of house finch and goldfinch--not unusual to see 8 to 12 every time the birds are feeding. Blue jays are NOT abundant like they were in the winters before Nile Virus.

Had one Harris sparrow on the deck this morning, and a N. flicker--had not seen either one since before Christmas.

Jo Ann Eldridge, Kearney, Clay Co.