When I saw the INCA DOVE (~1:15 PM) it was not at any address but off in the
shrubby/overgrown semi-swampy area between the subdivision and the Railroad
tracks along South Shores road.
At the Y in the road - intersection of South Shores and Harbor Grove, (went
right to the back of the original house with the feeders) go LEFT/straight
and stay on South Shores road. Between the intersection of Harbor Grove and
the next street (Coral Bell?) is a break in the trees/shrubs with a driveway
of sorts (flanked by a plastic bottle and beer cans stuck on the bushes).
Look beyond the drive into this tangle of trees and bushes to find a three
pronged tree. Scan that general area on the logs on the ground to find the
doves hanging out during the day. They were not easy to see because of all
the brush, but still discernible if you got into an open area.
Dave Becher re-found these birds when he saw Mourning doves bathing in a
puddle of water in this "driveway". Guess the INDO & MODO buddies went there
when they were spooked.

Dave Becher was right. These birds spook easily so be mindful of any
talking, closing car doors or setting up tripods. BE QUIET!! AND stay out of
the way of the large dump trucks traveling on South Shores road.

 THANKS to Torrey, Joe, Dave and Paul for calling me and hanging around long
enough to show me the spot where the doves were hanging out. Think it would
be darn near impossible to re-find if you didn't know exactly where to look

BTW......Jim Ziebol saw the birds early this AM, about 7:30 AM in a tree by
the house with the feeders and then they spooked to a sycamore along South
Shores road. Then they were flushed by a passing train. They were NOT seen
at the feeders by Jim Z.
He did manage to get a couple of pictures of the bird.

What a way to start 2004....WOOHOO!

Charlene Malone
St. Louis co.