From: "Susa Hazelwood" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 31, 2003 1:35
Subject: 2003 COMAL Numbers Are Due Tomorrow

COMAL (Challenge Of a Missouri Annual List) for 2003 ends at midnight
tonight. Please remember to send me your name, city of residence, and number
of bird species seen in 2003 in Missouri. I'll post results within the next
week.

I'd appreciate a bit of discussion about whether this friendly competition
should continue in 2004. I suspect our current leaders will be much like
past COMAL leaders ... pooped out and eager to resume birding simply for the
joy of seeing the birds. Do we have new challengers for the goal of
exceeding 300 (or 250 ... or 200 ... or set your own goal) bird species in
MO in a year?

Happy New Year and Good Birding in 2004!
Susan
Susan Hazelwood
Columbia, Boone County, Missouri