Regarding the "1/4 inch round 1 inch long pellets in my bird feeder (ground feeder)", bird question asked by Kathleen Anderson,  I wonder if it could be a possum?

A few years ago I watched an opossum feed from a pan of sunflower seeds right in front of the deck window. I was amazed to watch these little pellets roll out of the corner of the creature's mouth. I had been seeing little football shaped pellets under the feeders, about the size mentioned. I hadn't thought about their being regurgitated, rather thought they were droppings from an animal.

After asking a few people if they'd ever seen pellets roll from a possum's mouth while eating, and getting a few strange looks, I quit asking. But, has anyone ever seen this?

Jo Ann Eldridge, Kearney, Clay Co.