Greetings MOBirders,

With the holidays arriving, many of you may be traveling or away from computers for one reason or another.  If you are going to be away from your computer for a few days, or weeks, you may want to take the time to set your MOBirds-L account to NOMAIL. This is fairly easily done. If you have a ListServ password you can do this on the web page at:

http://po.missouri.edu/archives/mobirds-l.html

Click on: Join or leave the list (or change settings) and then follow the directions.  If you have never gone here before, you will need to get a password first - follow the directions.

You can also set your account to NOMAIL via email.  Address a message to:

and in the body of the message write:

SET MOBirds-L NOMAIL

Leave the subject line of this message blank and do not include a signature block. Send the message and you should quickly receive a response indicating that your account was changed.  When you return from your travels or after life slows and you want to be active with MOBirds-L once again, go to the same address and send the message:

SET MOBIRDs-L MAIL

and MOBirds-L mail delivery will be resumed.

IF YOU DO NOT set your account to NOMAIL, and your mailbox fills up while you are gone, I will start to receive error messages saying that mail can not be delivered to your address because your mailbox is full.  As soon as I receive even one of these messages I WILL set your account to NOMAIL.  When you return, you will eventually realize that you are not receiving messages and you will need to set your account back to MAIL or contact me to assist you.  LIKEWISE, if you happen to have an email system that allows you to use the "Out of Office" messages, set your MOBIRDS-L account to NOMAIL before you leave because I will also set it to NOMAIL for you on the receipt of an "Out of Office" message.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Have a Happy Holiday season, enjoy those Christmas Bird Counts, and get ready for another exciting COMAL adventure in the New Year!

Susan Hazelwood, MOBirds-L List Owner
Columbia, MO