Hi all,

I tried for the merlin today at st. johns and right as i was heading into the area given in great the directions by Mr. Burwick, the bird swooped down and landed in a short tree in the parking lot.  I pulled the car into a parking space so that the bird could be viewed right out the front of the car (it had landed no more than ten yards away and 6-7 yards up!)  It had just caught a house sparrow so it sat and ate as i watched.  I had some amazing looks at the bird which was pretty unconcerned with my presence.  What a cool bird!, thanks for the directions Charley!

matt andrews