hey all,

I decided to try for the black scoter again today and was sucessful the bird was way out in the bay sort of by itself but loosly associating with some goldeneye and ruddies.  Everyone else that went today was right there are a lot more ducks in the area.  When I got there about 2:00,  hundreds of ducks lifted off the frozen heron pond where i assume they were building up to roost, and then flew into the bay.  I did bot see the ADULT TUNDRA SWAN either however when I got there there were only about fifteen Trumpeters left compared to yesterday's near 30.  highlights were:

BLACK SCOTER-1
BLACK DUCK- at least 3 maybe 4
HORNED GREBE- saw two but they were probably the same bird.
COMMON LOON-1
REDHEAD-1

the lone White Pelican continues in the bay near the gas station

other ducks included- bufflehead-3, pintail, mallard, canvasback, gadwall, common goldeneye, common merganzer hooded merganzer, ruddy, a few lesser and GREATER SCAUP in mixed diver flocks, ring necked, shoveler, and green winged teal.  The water was much calmer today than it was yesterday afternoon which made great viewing of gulls and ducks in the bay.

Matt Andrews