Hey all,

I went to REDA briefly today from 3-4 to search for the black scoter which I was not able to relocate but again i had limited time so it is probably still there since Mrs. Malone saw it today, plus the water was the roughest I have ever seen which didn't help. highlights were:

TUNDRA SWAN-1 in Pintail marsh/pond with about 25 trumpeter swans

COMMON LOON- one in Ellis bay seen from the toilet parking lot, was also seem flying around then seen again in teal pond

UNUSUAL GULL- one immature gull caught my eye in a group of gulls that were flying around near ellis island seen from the toilet parking lot because it was so HUGE! it dwarfed all the other gulls in the area and was bigger than any gull I have seen. i dont know if that means anything to anyone but i am real bad with gulls so thats all i have about it, it flew off down toward the dam so i never got to see it on the water

Redhead- one in a group of canvasbacks
American White Pelican-1
Bufflehead-1
Common Merganzer-1
other waterfowl included: ruddy ducks, mallards, gadwall, common goldeneye, hooded merganzer, 1 bufflehead, ring-necked ducks, a few snow geese flyovers.
I did see one northern harrier but no short-eared owls.  Does anybody know if these are still being seen there?? thanks!

Matt Andrews