Ozark Rivers Audubon and other birders held our Christmas Bird Count in
Phelps and Crawford Counties, Saturday, Dec. 20th.
We had 5 of 14 participants under age 18!
Preliminary species count is 62, but there are still a few reports to
come in, so this number may increase.
Highlights include:
GREEN HERON (1)
Turkey Vulture (2)
Red-Shoulded Hawk (10+)
Rough-legged Hawk (1)
Bald Eagle (5)
GOLDEN EAGLE (1)
Killdeer (8)
CHIPPING SPARROW (1)
Lots of Robins, Waxwings, Yellow-rumped Warblers.
A dearth of Sparrows of all kinds
Warm weather and no snow is both a blessing and a curse, we get things
that linger, but nothing gets concentrated in any one area.

Linda Frederick
Rolla, MO