Sara

Another batch of questions.  I'm sorry.

What language is the *Italian* "Divine Comedy" published in?  If I take a
course in Italian will I be able to read "Divine Comedy" directly or will I
need a special dictionary?   Is the Italian of "Divine Comedy" accessible to
all Italians?  Do the dialects have a written version that is essentially in
competition with the official Italian.

Are most Italians bilingual in their dialect and *Italian*.  If they are not
bilingual is it a good assumption that the one language they speak is their
local dialect?

What language did the Italian armed forces use during WW II?

Rick Seddon
McIntosh, NM