am 11.12.2003 1:41 Uhr schrieb Peter Montgomery unter

-----Original Message-----
From: Nasr Khalifa
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 10:04 AM
To: Peter Montgomery
Subject: FW: Arabic potatoes

Subject: Arabic potatoes:
An old Arab man who has been living for 40 years in Idaho wanted to
cultivate potatoes in his garden, but to remove the earth was getting to be
too hard for his age. His only son, Ali, was studying in France, so he
decided to send him an e-mail explaining the situation:
"Dear Ali:
I feel very disappointed because this year I'll be unable to plant my
potatoes in my garden. I am too old to plow the ground. I wish you were
here, then my problems would be solved, because you would remove the soil
for me. I love you,
Dad"
"Dad: For God's sake, DO NOT remove the ground of that garden. It's there
that I have hidden "you-know-what". I love you,
Ali"
At 4 a.m. the next morning the local Police, FBI, DEA and CIA agents, along
with Pentagon delegates, came in and put the garden upside down looking for
dangerous material to build bombs, anthrax or whatever. They found nothing
and they left. The same day the old man received another e-mail from his
son:
"Dear Dad:
I am sure you can plant your potatoes now. It was the best I could do in the
current circumstances. I love you,
Ali"

Peter:

Grudgingly I have to admit: that was one of your best contributions ever.
Three cheers to Nasr Khalifa!

Gunnar