I saw _Cocktail Party_ in Washington, D.C. about 50 years ago, and wrote
a long paper on it for Austin Warren's Major American Writers course a
couple years later. I read his other plays at about the same time. And
this is the first time I've given a minute's thought to any of them
since then. Thinking for that minute, it occurs to me that if I were to
make a list of plays I either wanted to reread or read for the first
time, there are probably at least a thousand that would come higher on
the list than any of Eliot's. It seems to me that Jennifer's dismissal
was measured and probably represents pretty much a consensus. Who would
read or produce those plays (or even be aware of their existence) if
their author had not also written Prufrock, Gerontion, TWL, & 4Q? I
doubt that they would even be in print.

Carrol