There are many serious, ethical, and moral reasons for being in
opposition to this or any government.  On what do you base the
assumption that it is some trivial (and pointless) opposition for its
own sake?  Do you think Henry David Thoreau or Martin Luther
King or Sojourner Truth or Vietnam Veterans for Peace or The
Supreme Court when it struck down sodomy laws were just in
opposition for its own sake?  People don't do that to waste time in
trivial pursuit.
Nancy

On 2 Dec 2003, at 17:21, Kate Troy