Spent an enjoyable day at the refuge today. A  great many ducks of many species were present as were about 200,000 snow geese however, they go out to feed at several times of the day but when we left at 4 pm, they covered Eagle Pool. The Old Squaw was still present on Mallard Marsh, close to the road, however while I took some photos, they were not exceptional. Pulled off and watched it sleep for at least 30 minutes. Only problem we had was while pulled off on the shoulder at various places to scope birds, anxious birders who probably never saw any birds roared by at about 40 MPH, flushing everything. One sight we watched was for a Great Blue attempting to swallow a large frog which was hilarious.

Even though the new comfort station had a large sign indicating it was not open, one person ignored the sign and finally discovered the water was shut off.

Its sad to have to contend with such people.

George L. Scheil
Raytown, Missouri
Visit www.squawcreek.org and