I had a flat tire on our Jeep this morning (a piece of glass). After I had it
repaired I went down to Lake Contrary, south of Saint Joseph, for a "look
see". It was about 9:30 AM. One of the first birds I encountered at the boat
ramp/swimming area was a SURF SCOTER. It was subsequently seen by Jack Hilsabeck
at about 12:45 PM. I think it may stay around for a day or two.

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, Buchanan County