Although these are not dramatic,  this report might be of interest to
people in the area of Lee's Summit, Mo.  Yesterday, walking at James A
Reed,  I saw many sparrows, including dozens of white-throated, a tree
sparrow, some fox  and chipping sparrows....and I am sure there are
other species,  I'm just not that good and can't identify by sound!
The ponds are starting to gather buffleheads, mergansers, common
golden-eye, wood-ducks, gadwalls....all the common expected species.
 The highlight of yesterday was an overhead, low flying , mature adult ,
American Bald Eagle,  sort of early for the Reed area.  Also,  there are
dozens of  cormorants, and gulls, mostly ring-billed and herring, but
worth checking out.   Unfortunately  the Reed area is closed this week
for hunting,  but maybe the birds will show up in the area.    Enjoy the
season!  Marilyn Koshland