This afternoon I heard and saw a huge flock of crows having a huge fit!!!
This was in the woods next to our property. I crossed the property line,
ducking through brambles, trees branches, etc to get to the location where
the crows were making all the fuss.
There towards the top of a shingle oak was an owl with long ears,
vertical striped face. I immediately said: "Long-eared owl."
I went back to the house for my binoculars, but never got it in the
binoculars. I'm sure it flew to another tree and then flew East.
Amazing, a long-eared owl in my neighborhood. (Northeast Columbia)
Heads-up Columbia - they're out there!

Kathleen Anderson, Columbia