This morning, around  7am, I watched one of the Barred Owls for about 20 min. perched in the usual tree, a white oak, about 20 ft. out from the house.  (This one was the less skittish one, and didn't seem bothered by my moving around to different windows to look at him/her.)  It left the branch and swooped down to the ground.  I moved quickly to the breakfast room window to look, and the bird was sitting on the bubbler rock, getting a drink.  I've watched this owl, several times now, almost mesmerized by the bubbler or the goldfish in the pond.  At dusk, I cught sight of one of the owls as it flew through the woods again.
Around 8 am, I was out cleaning leaves out of the pond and feeding the fish, when I heard and saw a flock of about 50 Snow Geese fly over, with both white and blue morph forms.  Gorgeous in the sunlight, heading south.

Margy Terpstra