Gary Johnson, Patrick Harrison and I were at Smithville between 11:00 a.m. and noon today. Patrick had been there for an hour when Gary and I arrived. Debra Priest has already reported on the Western Grebe that we all saw from the dam and the Pacific Loon that Patrick saw from the Litton Center before Gary and I arrived.

Other news includes:

Yesterday's Red-throated Loon and Long-tailed duck were NOT evident.

Many of the ducks present yesterday, including most of the Ruddies, had pulled out. Only about half of the Scaup, etc. were still there.

Gary Johnson heard several Am. Pipits fly over the dam.

We saw 3 Greater Yellowlegs at Crows Creek.

We saw an Osprey near the Camp Branch Marina.

We saw a Balf Eagle near the dam.

I saw a tightly-packed flock of about 15 shorebirds flying over the lake, landing on the Camp Branch point. I am guessing they were Dunlin.

Bob Fisher
Independence, Missouri