Just a quick post
Started at 33 and the count went up to 69 total LOONS
68 for sure COMMON. Largest number I have seen in on MO side of St. Louis area.
One I am still out on the ID of one thin necked, smaller headed and smaller billed individual bird. Didn't see the neck pattern of Common.  Almost looked like a Grebe with neck length (3 other birders thought Common loon though)
Size was similar to Commons, head was not rounded..... Oh well, probably just a Common.

Low thousands of waterfowl: 13 species of ducks including Redhead, Wood ducks, many Bufflehead and Canvasbacks.
LARGEST raft I have seen at CCL.

High hundreds ++ of gulls:
8 FRANKLIN'S, many bonies, R-Billed and Herring
Landfill near-by so good place to look for gulls. (don't think many look here)

Several groups of Snow geese flying overhead.

Later,
Charlene Malone
St. Louis co. .