Carlyle Lake, IL Say's phoebe was NOT re-found (as far as I know)
Weather was cold and drizzly with diminished visibility, so the bird could be hunkered down elsewhere.
Sunnier weather might be a different story.

Dave Rogles found two W-W SCOTERS at Riverlands EDA at 8 AM.
They were associating with scaup at the end of the upstream lock wall.
We did NOT re-find them at 3 PM, but that doesn't mean they aren't there at some other spot at REDA.
There are more diving ducks now (FOS Canvasbacks) Dave R. had Hooded Mergs, Dunlin and Vesper sparrows, lots of other things too I can't remember.
We say the Vesper and heard a Fox. Lots of sparrows at the 90 degree turn to the MO side of Dam parking lot.

Birding rather lackluster in the St. Louis area.
Sounds like the birding gods were elsewhere today.

Charlene Malone
St. Louis co.