Missouri Birders:

I would be interested in hearing from anyone in Missouri that still has a hummingbird present.  By the first of November, if anyone does have a hummingbird, it is likely NOT to be a Ruby-throated hummingbird, but instead some other species.  A Rufous hummingbird is most likely, but other species are possible (and it was November 3rd last year that the Calliope hummingbird was documented in Columbia).  Also, if you get a hummingbird between now and April of next year, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

The records of Missouri hummingbirds are available at:  http://www.missouri.edu/~gordonm/mohummers.htm.

Please contact me privately to prevent taking up space on the list serve.

Thank you!

Troy Gordon
Columbia, MO
H (573) 445-0086