Saturday morning, Nov. 1st, I observed about 75 southbound waterfowl as I
emerged from Cherokee Pass Restaurant on US67 south of Fredericktown about 8:00
a.m.  At first I heard a call (a lighter tone than Snow Geese)  but then they
were quiet.  The birds were white and not one single bird displayed a black
wing tip and there were no darker birds with them as would be Blue Form of Snow
Geese.  I pondered this for several days and discussed it with Bill Reeves and
Steve Dilks, who both surmised I had seen a large flight of swans.  (Tundra?)
Also, here at Farmington, the American Robins are being seen in loose flocks
of 100+ flying every-which way, often seen eating berries from various shrubs
and trees..
Bob Lewis  [log in to unmask]