At 3:00 Friday, a group of loosely flocked birders, including Matt Gearheart,
Gary Johnson, Chris Valentine, and myself saw the winter-plumaged
Red-throated Loon. We were at the north end of the dam; the Red-throated was with a group
of Common Loons near Crow's Creek.

At about 5:00, the Western Grebe was among the raft of ducks near the dam.
Fifteen species of duck, including Common Goldeneye and Red-breasted Merganser.

Despite attempts, I couldn't conjure up the Long-tailed Duck.

Kristi Mayo
Kearney, MO (Clay Co.)