Mobirders,

On Sunday, October 19 Chad Rittenhouse and I birded various areas in Boone County, central Missouri.  Weather was warm with light south winds.  Eagle Bluffs CA was closed most of the day for hunting, but we managed to get in a few minutes of birding in early afternoon.  Here are our favorites for the day:

Redhead    1 male at Eagle Bluffs, along with Ring-necked Ducks and a Ruddy
Virginia Rail    1 HO at wetland cell 1 near McBaine
Sora    54 including 8+ seen well, others responding to clapping at wetland cell 1 near McBaine
Barn Swallow    1 late adult bird at Eagle Bluffs
Sedge Wren    1 HO singing at wetland cell 1 near McBaine
Marsh Wren    2 or 3 at wetland cell 1 near McBaine
14 species of sparrows including LeConte's, Harris's at 2 locations, and numerous Lincoln's and Fox
Spotted Towhee    1 female on private property in southeastern Boone Co.

I'd welcome comments on the regional status of the towhee, a species that neither of us expected at all.

Thanks,
Chris