Hi all, John and I went for a roll (in electric golf cart) yesterday. We saw over 8 Red-Headed Woodpeckers, White-Throated Sparrow (tan striped morph), and White-Crowned Sparrows, dozen upon dozen of BlueBirds, a Pileated Woodpecker, Yellow-Rumped Warbler, and over a dozen female purple Finches. Common house Sparrows all around. Broad-Wing Hawks, way high, circling and gliding.
We have a 35 acre farm and many birds. In the winter here, we have 3 Eagle families that live around us (we are 1/2 mile above the Cuivre River). In the Spring and Summer we have Blue Herons living around us. There is a huge Sycamore tree that has over 20 nests in it. We are on the direct flight path for them to go from nests to the river. Truly awesome to watch.
John created a Bird Sanctuary in our back yard and it houses many birds. Sorry to see the Hummingbirds go-I love them!
Good birding this week-end, hope the same for you.
John and Maggie