Jack Hilsabeck, Dr. Rushin and I netted and banded thirteen (13) species of
birds on the campus of Missouri Western State College Saturday morning.
Gray Catbird - 1 recapture
Indigo Bunting - 1 juvenile female
Ruby-crowned Kinglet - 2
Northern Flicker - 1
Black-capped Chickadee - 1 + 1 recapture
Tufted Titmouse - 1
American Goldfinch - 1
Blue-headed Vireo - 1
Nashville Warbler - 2
Orange-crowned Warbler - 2
Yellow-rumped Warbler - 2
Field Sparrow - 1
White-throated Sparrow - 1

After banding we went to the "flood plain" of the Nodaway River near
Rosendale, MO. In addition to Ring-necked Pheasant and Red-tailed Hawk we observed the
following sparrows:
Henslow's Sparrow - 1
White-crowned Sparrow - many
Harris's Sparrow - many