Thanks for the reply that was not a cut against women and birders especially
women birders.  From my house it is about an hour and 45 min. to Nodaway
Valley to bird it is not a spur of the moment thing and then to go around from the
West to the East area another 20 to 30 min.  Frustrated we head to Bob Brown
another 20 min appx. having all of the above closed we head to Squaw Creek.  I
love Squaw Chreek but would like to widen the list of birding destinations.  I
try again and again just to meet all too often closed gates.  The distance to
the favored Ks. destinations is also risky as far as closings are concerned.

Kathy Lewis
Clay Co. Mo.