Jack Hilsabeck and I have continued our bird banding efforts out at Missouri
Western State College. We have netted and banded several Ruby-crowned
Kinglets, but still no Golden-crowned Kinglets. Birds banded today:

Orange-crowned Warbler - 1 + 1 recapture
Nashville Warbler - 4
Northern Cardinal - 1
American Goldfinch - 6
Ruby-crowned Kinglet - 2
Dark-eyed Junco (Slate-colored) - 1
Lincoln's Sparrow - 4 + 2 recapture
Fox Sparrow - 1 (a beautiful specimen)
Song Sparrow - 2

After banding I went south of Saint Joseph to the oxbows. It was cool and a
little windy, but I was still able to see several sparrow species.
Savannah, Vesper, White-crowned, White-throated and Swamp.

There was no Ruff and the American Avocets were also gone.

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, Buchanan County