While talking to a young man recently about birding, he was quite interested
and of course I encouraged him to join any of the available Audubon groups and
log on to MOBIRDS etc.  He made a comment about it being a hobby.  We talked
about that for a time and it is my feeling that it is a sport as well as a
hobby.  It can be an armchair activity but it is also a very strenuous activity.
Which brings me to another possibility if we wore hard hats, shooters gloves
or all had gun racks in our back windows, would we be allowed into the areas
now closed to us for so much of the year.  Our taxes also go to support these
areas and most birders are very careful to leave no trash and definitly no
shotgunor rifle shell casings.

I am not anti hunting as wild game was an important addition to our table
when I was young.

Kathy Lewis
Clay Co. Mo.