No sign of the Ruff today, it must have headed on south.

There were five (5) American Avocets at Mud Lake today, along with other
expected shorebird species.
(I certainly have been seeing more avocets this year than in previous years.)

In the general area around the oxbows I encountered eleven (11) species of
"sparrows".
Spotted Towhee - 1
Dark-eyed Junco - 3
Savannah Sparrow - 15
Vesper Sparrow - 1
Chipping Sparrow - 2
Harris's Sparrow - 1
White-crowned Sparrow - 1
White-throated Sparrow - 15
Lincoln's Sparrow - 5
Swamp Sparrow - 5
Song Sparrow - 5

The only warblers I saw were Yellow-rumped and Nashville.

I had seventeen (17) Ring-necked Ducks (my first of the fall) on Mud Lake.

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, Buchanan County