Kathy, etal:
I've often said (jokingly maybe, maybe not!) that we birders should buy a
hunting license, strap a plastic six shooter on our hip and definitely wear
camo clothing, with the proper color vest (red or yellow, I can never
remember)...then how could they keep us out of those "closed for hunting"
areas...after all, we're hunting too, (birds, that is)...
we just don't shoot them.

I too, remember when wild game supplemented our supper table at least once
a week, but today I don't really believe that's the reason for hunting...
it's the "sport of it" and I use the term very loosely.

Frances C.
St. Joseph, MO Buchanan Co.
Bean Lake Cabin, Platte Co.

======