Joe Eades and I headed out Friday morning, higlights
included:
Eddleman's Family Home in Cape Girardeau (10/17):
(1) RUFOUS HUMMINGBIRD, great looks at this bird,
thank you so much to Bill and his parents for sharing
it with Joe and I.

Dexter Rice Fields (10/17):
(11) FULVOUS WHISTLING DUCKS..same location others
have posted
(~20) Northern Harriers..quite impressive
(2) Loggerhead Shrikes

Otter Slough CA (10/17):
(1) Peregrine Falcon...chasing shorebirds around
(2) Cattle Egrets
8 species of shorebirds
Lots of waterfowl also...that have been being reported
in the state as of late

Taberville Praire CA (10/18)-morning:
(1) SPRAGUE'S PIPIT....this was the only one we could
find...it was located on the east side of the prairie.
11-species of sparrow total, included my first fall
Fox Sparrow's

Montrose-Hwy 52 and nearby county roads
(10/18)-Afternoon:
(~100) Greater White Fronted Geese flew over
1-Harris Sparrow..(species that was not observed at
Taberville)
There were numerous Raptors in this area, it was quite
impressive.
(2) "Western" (Dark Phase) Red Tailed Hawks....I was
convinced for a while one was a Rough Legged, but
later the field marks proved me wrong.
(1) "Krider's" Red Tailed Hawk...tried hard to turn it
into a Ferruginous, but no luck.
(many, many) Northern Harriers in the area.
(1,maybe 2) Osprey flew over
(2,maybe 3) Sharp Shinned Hawks
(2) SHORT EARED OWL...both sparring with Northern
Harrier's at dusk...and a beautiful red-lit sky in the
background.

Saturday ended with 98 species total.

Also we looked and looked for the BAS group with no
luck..BUT nice to have met all of you from the
Springfield group.

=====
Joshua Uffman
St. Louis County, MO