Five of us went to Little Creve Coeur Lake (ST. Louis County) this morning
at the break of day.   Participants were Joe"FWD" Eades and Josh Uffman (the
good eye guys) along with John and Nancy Solodar and Connie Cooper.  Lots of
good birds were found including:

LeConte's Sparrows - at least 20 and probably closer to 40.   Most were
darker than I have seen in past years.
Nelson's Sharp-tailed Sparrows - 2-4 with good looks at two of them.
Sedge Wrens - around 20
Marsh Wrens - around 3-4
Clay -colored Sparrows - 3-5 probable sightings by Josh

Lots of more common birds were seen including mobs of swamp sparrow and song
sparrows.   We also had one red-tail hawk and a Cooper's Hawk.

I thought that I knew LCCL fairly well, but the location of these birds was
one that I was unaware of, possibly because in past years it has often been
under water.    The birds were near the edge between 2-3 foot high
vegetation and lines of cattails.   Looking from the second red barn they
would be northwest of the barn, out in the open beyond the cattails.   To
get there, circle the horse corral and go down to the dike road.   Go on the
dike road to the area where the willow trees line both sides of the dike
road and then another 50 yards or so to a deer trail opening to the right
(north).   Take the trail, go through the short vegetation, past some very
close cattails and into another batch of short 2-3 feet tall vegetation.
From here, start working the edges along the cattails or about 20-25 into
the vegetation.

John Solodar