While visiting my parents just outside Cape Girardeau this afternoon, we
adjourned to their deck for conversation. After about half an hour, my dad
remarked on a hummingbird that had just arrived at their feeder. Lo and
behold, it was an immature male Selasphorus. I just happened to have my
digital camera, and got several shots of the bird as it continued to visit
the feeder over the next hour and a half. I'll get these to Patrick for the
web site this evening. I phoned Dennis Wheeler and Gene McDonald, birders
from Jackson, and they also got to see the bird.

If anyone is interested in seeing it, email me. We didn't have a lot of
response to the Rufous Hummingbird that was present locally last Dec., so I
can handle directions privately. (I don't want to overwhelm my parents with
visitors).

----Bill Eddleman, Cape Girardeau