Woke at 1:15 to hear 2 Barred Owls exchange a call.  About noon, the Blue Jays were making a big fuss, and I looked to see one of the Barred Owls in the thicket.  He was harassed enough by the jays, a Hairy WP, a first of the fall juvie YBSapsucker, Cardinals, and others that he changed perches several times and finally flew to the south.  This was my first mid-day sighting of one of the breeding pair here.  Also had a Ruby Crowned Kinglet.  No Ruby-throated Hummingbird today - the plump little pumpkin with wings that was here the last few days must have finally started his trip south!

Margy Terpstra
Kirkwood, MO