Bob...

There is a great new marsh that MDC constructed on the area north of Pin Oak Lake. It's not on any area maps of STCA. Unfortunately, it's a bit of a hike up to it. But it has been absolutely loaded with waterfowl and shorebirds. We were up seeding and fertilizing the edges and dam the other day and there were all kinds of teal, Greater Yellowlegs, Least Sandpipers, and many, many more shorebirds. when I was leaving work from the area on Friday, I found a large flock of Red-winged Blackbirds, as well. The Meadowlarks were out in large numbers in the misty, cloudy Friday morning, too.

Frank Reiter
Joplin MO