Best thing you can do, is go to a good optics store and try out as many pairs
as you can.  Zeiss, Leica, Swarovski, & Bausch & Lomb make eyeglass friendly
pairs.

Word of caution.  Hit you budget, and do not look at a pair that is
significantly higher in price.  you may end up with envy for the better pair.

Zeiss makes excellent lightweight BOMBproof bins, as does B&L.  I have seen
enough of Leica to know my next pair will be from Zeiss.  Of course my B&L's
will have to be donated to our son.

Look for comfort, ease of use, and waterproofness.  I have seen many scuffed,
out of wack Leica bins that could not handle the punishment.  I have YET to see
a pair of Zeiss do that.  My personal opinions, and I know others here will
rebuke this, but try out what YOU want, and stick to it.

For general birding, 7x or 8x is sufficient.  Any higher, and you lose your
field of vision.

Good luck.

Lynn miller
Lone Jack,Mo