Mike Brady mentioned Seaside Sparrow and the difficulty with pishing the species.

Seaside Sparrow was a lifer for me on a recent trip to Smith Island in Chesapeake Bay.  The sparrows seemed common in the short grass marsh where I birded over a two-day period and they pished up for me about as easily as Song Sparrows pish up here at home.  When the birds popped up they made for fairly good study.

My one experience with Seaside Sparrow was rather satisfying but I don’t know if it would be considered usual or unusual.

Mike Thelen
St. Louis County, MO