Dear Fellow Birders:

One more word concerning the purchasing of optics: buy the very best
binoculars you can POSSIBLY afford. It makes little sense to continually
upgrade--you end up spending way more in the end than investing in a great
quality pair initially. I am on my fourth and final (finally!) pair of
binocs, (after no-name brand, low end Bushnell and 7x25 Bausch and Lomb) . I
absolutely LOVE my Swarovski 10x42 Elites (THANK YOU Patrick for the
suggestion). The Elite is a wonderful optic choice, has easy pop up
eyepieces (much better than the rubber fold down kind, which eventually
break off). So, go for the best you can manage.

Debbie Fortenberry Priest
Hannibal MO