 got some e-mails asking for some tips on how to find LeConte sparrows.
 Basically  the more people you have the easier it is.(*It is usually pretty
frustrating,for me anyway, trying to get good views of these birds when
birding solo.)  I have never had much luck phishing Lecontes either.Ammodramus
sparrows by nature are mucho mousy and dont offer themselves up easily.(seaside are
nearly impossible it seems)With several birders at strategic points moving
towards the bird the bird will eventually stop running along the ground  and
will  perch to get a better view to see what options it has to fly.
  Although I find phissing for Lecontes almost wothless, yesterday I was
imitating the call of a yellow-billed cuckoo which agitated several LeContes as
well as other sparrows and wrens which came in very close and offered up the
best views of the day.Dont know why at all but it was working extremely well
yesterday to get birds up
 -mike Brady