I just got back from checking out Watershed Nature Center in Edwardsville,
Ill., from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. Monday, Oct. 6. Yellow-rumped warblers were
everywhere along the nature trail. I would estimate I easily saw more than
50 of them and I'm being conservative with that estimate. I also had about a
half dozen Nashville warblers and two Tennessee. Other birds of note were
two rose-breasted grosbeaks, a brown creeper, a few ruby-crowned kinglets,
two northern flickers, two winter wrens, a Carolina wren, and numerous
common birds. Only two sparrow species noted: swamp and white-throated.
Shawn Clubb, Collinsville, Madison Co., IL