I'm taking a GIS class this semester, and for my project I'm
going to try to map out the range expansion of Eurasian Tree
Sparrows from St. Louis over the last 133 years.

There is pretty decent data available, and I think CBCs will
be extremely useful, but I was hoping to get very up-to-date
detailed information on the current range of ETS.  If people
could send me simple info I would really appreciate it.  All
I need is the city the birds are in.  If you can remember a
time when they were not present there, that would be great.

Ideally, after everything is mapped, including extralimital
records, the GIS data can be combined with land use
databases to predict further range extensions and detailed
locations to look for them.  I will of course post my
findings to the list when I'm done with the project.

Thanks so much, I'm optimistic this project will produce
some really interesting results.

Nick Barber
St. Louis, MO
Cleveland, OH