From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Aidan Harman
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2003 1:41 PM
Subject: Posting TSE's poetry

I regret that posting a poem by TSE seems to have upset Peter and Gunar.
Should I tell you about my winter instead? That seems to be a big feature of the list.
Far too chilly for me, I fear.

Aidan Harman

Do not let me hear
Of the wisdom of old, but rather of their folly,
Their fear of fear and frenzy, their fear of possession,
Of belonging to another, or to others, or to God.
The only wisdom we can hope to acquire
Is the wisdom of humility: humility is endless.

                   T S Eliot: East Coker 11