  From: Aidan Harman
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Friday, October 31, 2003 1:41 PM
  Subject: Posting TSE's poetry

  I regret that posting a poem by TSE seems to have upset Peter and Gunar.
  Should I tell you about my winter instead? That seems to be a big feature of the list.
  Far too chilly for me, I fear.

  Aidan Harman

  Do not let me hear
  Of the wisdom of old, but rather of their folly,
  Their fear of fear and frenzy, their fear of possession,
  Of belonging to another, or to others, or to God.
  The only wisdom we can hope to acquire
  Is the wisdom of humility: humility is endless.

                     T S Eliot: East Coker 11