Dear List

I visited the NY Times log in page.  A most interesting page given the set of assumption revealed by their questions.  An example, poverty evidently starts at $20,000 and "riches" at $150,000 and everyone must have a job "title".  The job of unskilled labor (my best hope for employment today) doesn't exist.  Agriculture is an industry not a life choice and has no job titles.  I guess either a cabbie, an airline pilot or longshoreman is a skilled laborer in the transportation industry.  There seems to be no need at all for labor union organizers.  In the New York Times dream world there is no bureaucrat.  How can a person who wants employment (a job title) but can't find one login with the New York Times?   Finally one can be a homemaker but the homeless have no place in the New York Times data base.  An applicant for  access must have a Zip Code.  Non US residents??

My overall impression is that the New York Times world is made up of white collar, large city urbanites being paid between $20,000 and $150.000 to go to work 9-5 in an office building.

Finally the grandest  and most unforgivable mistake of all.  A Naval Officer has no choice but to join the Military (Army/Air Force) and become a Military Officer.  The New York Times has not even considered that our proud enlisted soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines might want access.

When the Naval Officer has swallowed his pride and become a Military Officer what does he use for a job title?  The New York Times managed urban world has no place for "Leaders".

Rick Seddon
McIntosh, NM