You know? I was once subscribed to an Italian mailing list on literary translation where nobody could say anything which might accuse another of having done a mistake, because respect was required always, and any objections was considered as offensive (no matter one's politeness). Well, that list was unbearable -- it sounded like some tea-room from the Victorian age, where everybody would try to please everybody.
I love this list, because when it happens, each one can have one's outlet, if he/she likes, and then things go back to normality through a simple question about TSE. This list has no hypocrisy. Of course, always within the limits of politeness.
Sara --